POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tree Photo (wip1) : Re: Tree Photo (wip1) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tree Photo (wip1)
From: Kirk Andrews
Date: 16 Nov 2007 08:25:02
Message: <web.473d9998b3ad60bdd21a49b0@news.povray.org>
Allen Dotson <all### [at] emailnutscom> wrote:
> So, I'm doing this for art class.  It isn't finished yet, and I don't
> have too much time to get it finished.  But, it is a start.  One thing
> that stands out to me is the clouds... the sphere is way too small for
> me, so I'll replace that with a plane instead... only problem is the
> 27hour render times.
>
> Comments and Critique welcomed and requested...
>
> Thanks,
> Allen

Ufda!  27hrs!  I don't have that kind of patience.  That must be why I never
bother with trying to do media clouds anymore.  Nevertheless, the image looks
good!  Patience pays off!

One thing I might suggest trying:  to add more interest to your grass, try using
a pigment function to vary the length and color of the grass.  For example:

#declare TheFunction =
function {
  pigment {
    bumps
    poly_wave 4
    color_map {
      [0 rgb 0 ]
      [1 rgb 1 ]
    }
  }
}

And then, when you are planting your grass (through whatever method you prefer):

(if POS is the current grass position)

  object {GRASS scale (1+TheFunction(POS.x,POS.y,POS.z).red) translate POS}

Depending on how you've done your Grass object, you can use a similar method to
vary the color of your grass.

Just something you might try.